Five members of the Data Semantics Lab - David Carral, Michelle Cheatham, Pascal Hitzler, Amit Joshi, Md. Kamruzzaman Sarker - attended The 15th International Semantic Web Conference ISWC 2016 in Kobe, Japan, this year, which is the key conference in the Semantic Web field.
And we kept rather busy there. The activities we were involved in were diverse:
- David Carral presented a research paper: David Carral, Cristina Feier, Pascal Hitzler, Practical Acyclicity Notions for Query Answering over Horn-SRIQ Ontologies.
- Amit Joshi presented a resources track paper: Amit Joshi, Pascal Hitzler, Guozhu Dong, Multi-purpose Linked Data Generator.
- We presented two demos:
- Md. Kamruzzaman Sarker, Adila A. Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler, OWLAx: A Protege Plugin to Support Ontology Axiomatization through Diagramming. This demo was nominated for the best demo award.
- Md. Kamruzzaman Sarker, David Carral, Adila A. Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler, Modeling OWL with Rules: The ROWL Protege Plugin.
- We presented a total of 8 workshop papers
- Michelle Cheatham, Holly Ferguson, Charles Vardeman II, Cogan Shimizu, A Modification to the Hazardous Situation ODP to Support Risk Assessment and Mitigation. WOP 2016
- Adila A. Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz, A Spatiotemporal Extent Pattern based on Semantic Trajectories. WOP 2016
- Adila A. Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler, A Core Pattern for Events. WOP 2016
- Adila A. Krisnadhi, Pascal Hitzler, The Stub Metapattern. WOP 2016.
- Nazifa Karima, Karl Hammar, Pascal Hitzler, How to Document Ontology Design Patterns. WOP 2016.
- Reihaneh Amini, Michelle Cheatham, Pawel Grzebala, Helena B. McCurdy, Towards best practices for crowdsourcing ontology alignment benchmarks. OM 2016
- Michelle Cheatham, Reihaneh Amini, Chandan Patel, Matching Instances in GeoLink. OM 2016
- Jacob Miracle, Michelle Cheatham, Semantic Web Enabled Record Linkage Attacks on Anonymized Data. PrivOn 2016
- We were also involved in the organization of the event:
- Pascal Hitzler was co-chair of the Journal Track.
- Pascal Hitzler was general chair, and Adila Krisnadhi proceedings chair of the WOP workshop on Ontology and Semantic Web Patterns.
- Michelle Cheatham was co-chair of both the PrivOn workshop on Society, Privacy and the Semantic Web and of the workshop on Ontology Matching.
- Pascal Hitzler was co-presenter of a tutorial on Ontology Design Patterns for Linked Data Publishing.
- DaSeLab members were on several program committees: Research track, Resources Track, Doctoral Consortium and PrivOn workshop (Pascal Hitzler), WOP workshop (David Carral, Michelle Cheatham, Cogan Shimizu)
- DaSeLab members have in addition reviewed papers for the conference and workshops: Resources Track (Reihaneh Amini, Adila Krisnadhi, David Carral, Sambhawa Priya), Reseach Track (David Carral, Raghava Mutharaju, Yuxin Ye, Adila Krisnadhi), PrivOn workshop (Lu Zhou)
- Pascal Hitzler also gave a lightning talk and chaired one of the conference sessions.
- In addition, Pascal Hitzler organized and chaired the annual Editorial Board meeting of the Semantic Web journal, an award ceremony for the Semantic Web journal, and launched a new book at the event.
Amit Joshi presenting
At the demo session - David Carral to the left
Michelle Cheatham presenting
Pascal Hitzler presenting
Md. Kamruzzaman Sarker presenting
The "blue books" - at the front the book launched at ISWC 2016.